Victorian Mansion Apartment , Hampstead, London

B3 Designers was commissioned to completely transform the space - living room, bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchen


For a professional couple and their child, we completely refurbished their London apartment. While we retained key Victorian elements (original coving and fireplace), all old fittings and furnishings were removed and we started from scratch, adding underfloor heating, moving around key utilities like gas meters, and even shifting the toilet to a different space.


The client came to us having already worked on a mood board, collecting images of spaces they liked. B3's design team drew from that to understand their personal preferences on colours, themes, styles, furnishings, and we then produced a design direction for each room in the apartment.

The living room was designed with a colourful palette, bold and contrasting patterns, and mid-century style furniture. 

Furnishings in the living room: velvet seating, walnut timber furniture, and a large marble dining table.


For the master bedroom, we continued the wood floor and colour scheme from the living room, going for a grand and elegant style.

New bespoke wardrobes were designed to complement the art-deco furniture, and the mix of modern art and interesting patterns.


For the young teen's bedroom, we went with a happy, fun mood. We chose a rattan-frame bed and complementary furniture - a bedside unit and a freestanding wardrobe, along with cheerful, colourful walls, art, and styling elements.

We moved the gas meter from the toilet closet, moved the toilet itself, and added a walk-in shower, increasing the asset value of the apartment (it's also great for guests staying over)!



The kitchen was a tricky one to work with given its narrow galley-style layout. We specced up new shaker-style joinery, kitchen carcasses, cooker, worktop, and tiles (including checked floor tiles). To introduce more storage space, we added bespoke hanging shelves in brass, over the window. We also put in a new extraction route. 


The existing bathroom was ripped out and new lux English sanitaryware was installed including a walk-in rain shower. 

We chose metro tiles, contrasting coloured panels, and black-and-white floor tiles.

The plan of the second bathroom in the second bedroom was redone, with new fittings, lights, and tiles.


One of the key challenges of this project was the tight timeline - from meeting the client to finishing the project, we had 5 months. We worked with contractors to execute the project on time, all the while monitoring costs. A fast-paced, fulfilling job!