This month's panel boasts a variety of experts from different design sectors which will allow each project to be judged from many angles and by professionals with distinct experiences. Similar to the methodology at B3, we value designers with different backgrounds that will bring a unique perspective to new projects. We are excited to see the entries for this month's awards and to see how they are evaluated. As always we look forward to being inspired by others in our industry who are daringly creative.
What are the FRAME awards?
The Frame Awards are design awards created by FRAME magazine. It is the only global spatial and product design award with a truly holistic approach, as the FRAME awards recognises spaces and products that matter.
How are the FRAME awards judged?
There are 34 categories under the four award themes Spatial, Executional, Products and Honorary. The jury evaluates submissions within four criteria: innovation, functionality, creativity and sustainability. These criteria express a product or interior’s characteristics, whether it's future-facing, human-centric, aesthetically pleasing and an all-inclusive and environmentally-friendly experience.
In FRAME magazine’s own words “It's great if interior spaces are aesthetically pleasing. But that's not their reason for being. They should be designed and built with people and the planet in mind. Therefore the FRAME Awards is more than a beauty contest.”
Regardless of the category, every month the space or product with the best ranking will be announced Winner of the Month. Four runners up will also receive Honourable Mentions.
Who are the FRAME awards judges?
- B3 designers founder and director Mark Bithrey.
- Philip Staszewski, partner architect at Ivy Studio.
- Wang Zhongli, partner in China at Catanian.
- Steve Lastro, CEO and future of living advisor at LINQ-X.
- Simon Schmolling, head of architecture Meiré und Meiré.
- Mauro Brigham, cofounder and creative director of ncbham.
- Lindsay Roth, principal and design director at Gensler London.
- Du Pengzhan, chief architect of engineering design management centre of the bureau of public works of Shenzhen Municipality.
- Kyriaki Kasabalis, director of design and research at Kasawoo.
- Darren Xu, founder and CEO of Spider Creative
- Daniel Kaven, founder and partner of William/Kaven Architecture
- Catalina Soffia Baeza, cofounder of Estudio Well and creative director at Yáneken
- Asha Sairam, principal of Studio Lotus
- Andrew Martin, founder of AMD
- Ad de Hond, owner and creative brand strategist at ADHdesign
How are the FRAME awards winners announced?
34 winners will be announced at the end of the year, of those, 5 submissions will receive shortlists. A grand jury will select the top scoring submission in each category to be announced the winner. Winners of the year will be mentioned in an Awards Ceremony and shall receive a FRAME Awards trophy.
When are the FRAME awards?
17 May 2023 is the date for last submissions. The shortlist will be recognized on 13 September 2023 and on 16 October 2023 the winners will be announced.
“One of the most prestigious and recognisable awards in our industry. I am honoured to be a judge and cannot wait to see the incredible projects put forth” - Mark Bithrey