This is a client facing account manager and new business development role, centred on acquiring, building, and managing client relationships and managing new project accounts as a client liaison. Integral aspects of the role include working with clients as well as the Design Team to define the working process for a project, ensuring that deliverables are met effectively.
Experience and Skills:
- Helpful to have experience of working within a similar role within hospitality/ interior design or architecture
- excellent client facing skills
- an excellent communicator
- strong negotiation skills
- commercially astute
- organised with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- being self-motivated and being able to work independently
- understanding of design and creative stages
- excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- excellent Microsoft Office
- Helpful to know InDesign and the Adobe Creative Suite, training can be given
- meet with Clients/Potential clients regarding new projects and prepare fee proposals which structure a cohesive stage by stage approach, ensuring clients’ needs are met and the design team understands brief and deliverables
- identify new potential clients and strategically approach them, we will have team brainstorming meeting to establish who to approach
- taking a clear and cohesive brief from client, drawing key information from them regarding the practical and creative elements of projects and creating a briefing document for the client and design team
- working with existing fee structures to accurately quote for projects and setting up new fee structures/templates where necessary, Director and Accounts team will help guide in early stages
- assist with new initiatives aimed at profitability and growth
- must have excellent writing skills to compile client briefs as well as structure clear emails regarding project status
- Ability to also take on writing and research activities including creative tasks for project collaboration would be beneficial but not essential
- working with the creative director/lead designers you will contribute to revision and analysis of presentations to ensure they are in line with brief and deliverables
- be a point of contact for client teams as well as internal teams
- build strong relationships with design team, engaging them so that they are motivated to deliver high quality results and have a clear understanding of the stage-by-stage deliverables for each project.
- work alongside the company director to make sure client and team issues are dealt with quickly and sensitively
Standard working hours are 9am – 6pm, Monday to Friday. However, you are expected to work longer hours when required. We can discuss a flexible work at home policy following the pandemic.
Work is based at the London office; however you may be expected to travel throughout the UK and internationally for client meetings
- a minimum Bachelor level degree, preferably in Business
- we will consider candidates with minimum 3-5 years experience. Please state number of years experience in brief cover letter.
- experience in interiors/branding/architecture is preferred
- working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
About the position:
- This is a full-time permanent position; we are looking for the successful candidate to start working with us as soon as possible.
- Please email your CV and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure the subject title says ‘New Business and Account Manager’. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.